Granbury 2017 Veterans Day Parade Entry Application
Theme – Honoring America’s Veterans
Parade Date: November 11, 2017 2:00 p.m. Application Deadline: October 15, 2017
All entries must arrive at the Parade Staging Area by 12:30 p.m. No Exceptions
Please review the guidelines and rules when planning and organizing your entry.
They are enforced for safety purposes and to maintain the integrity of the event.
Guidelines for ALL Participants
- All entries must submit an application/entry form.
- All entries must be decorated to fit the Veterans Day theme of Honoring America’s Veterans.
- Any music must be patriotic in nature.
- Parade staging begins at 12:30 p.m. in the parking lot of the GISD Administration Building (600 W. Pearl Street).
- The first float will leave the staging lot at 2:00 p.m.
- Only one entry per commercial entry, household or organization.
- All vehicles in the parade must have current and adequate insurance coverage, and must sign the required waiver.
- The parade will travel up Pearl Street, around the Square, and back up Bridge Street to the Administration Building parking lot. Participants are required to follow the entire parade route AND return back to the staging area. Do not cross Pearl Street after the parade OR unload after passing City Hall on Bridge Street.
- Two-wheeled riders must adhere to state and local laws regarding helmets and safety devices.
- NO FIREWORKS, SIRENS or LOUD HORNS are allowed, especially inside the square.
- NO ITEMS MAY BE THROWN OR LAUNCHED DURING THE PARADE. This includes candy. Throwing items from floats creates a safety risk for both spectators and parade participants.
- No equine entries will be admitted.
- All children under the age of 18 must be supervised by an Adult. Children under the age of 7 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Water guns, water balloons or similar water devices are STRICTLY PROHIBITED.